Sunday, February 21, 2016

Bricks make great shooting stars


A shooting star isn't really a star, but rather a piece of space junk that burns up in Earths atmosphere.
So if I ever go into space, I want to throw a brick at Earth to see if I can create something beautiful.

Greatness is made, it isn't born.

New York City was built on the fields of simple farmers,
Hip Hop was created by kids living in ghettos with nothing,
and Van Gogh only sold one painting while he was alive.

Life is a matter of perspective.

A brick is nothing more than a block of hardened clay,
but in the right circumstance, 
they make great shooting stars.

Don't be afraid to shine.

"As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same."
-Marianne Williamson

We can't live our entire lives in our smallness,
an opportunity missed can never be reclaimed,
so we deserve to look at ourselves,
and find the greatness within.

I would much rather feel regret for something I did, than for something I didn't do.

So I'm choosing to take action today,
in hopes that one day,
even something as dull as a brick like me,
can one day become something beautiful.

1 comment: