Sunday, March 27, 2016

I Forgive You, Forget You, The End

When I think of you,
a flood of emotion brings
tidal waves crashing inside my skull

When I see your picture,
I can't help the skip in my heart,
as it pours out all the love I have
just into the thought of you

At times I just sit and think about you,
think about how only you
can make me feel nervous and overjoyed
at the same time

When I think about the night your lips pressed into mine,
the blissfulness plays over and over in my head.
Even if it was just for a game,
and not what I wish it could be.

I know you'll never read this.
Because you are long gone,
and I am left here,
wondering what I could have done different
to change this outcome.

Things are too complicated now,
and I know we will never be,
But I want you to know,
with all the women I have loved,
none of them have made me feel
the way he does.

Holding the hand that holds me back,
I forgive you, forget you, the end

Goodbye,
Bridger

1 comment: